Thursday, April 24, 2008

Before I leave

From the last words of prisoners executed by injection in Texas in the past fifteen years. Texas has executed 322 since 1990. Fifteen death-row inmates have been exonerated on the basis of new DNA evidence.

I just want to say I am not sad today or bitter with anybody. Like I've said from day one, I did not go in there and kill them, but I am no better than those that did.

Okay, I guess I'll address the Morgan family. Thirteen or fourteen years ago, I had a non-caring attitude. I'm sorry for shooting your son down at that robbery. I hope this brings you peace.

Sir, in honor of a true American hero, "Let's roll."

The only thing I want to say is that i appreciate the hospitality that you guys have shown me, and the respect. The last meal was really good. That is about it.

My request is that you get yourselves in church and pray for forgiveness, because you are murdering me. I did not kill anyone in my life. You are murdering me and I feel sorry for you. Get in church and get saved. I really don't know what esle to tell you.

You all brought me here to be exectued, not to make a speech.

Only the sky and green grass go on forever, and today is a good day to die.

No comments: